October 08 2016
GREEN DRIVING TIPS
Protect the environment by driving your vehicle and maintaining it in an environmentally responsible manner.
Fuel consumption and the rate of engine, transmission, brake and tyre wear are affected by these factors:
- Avoid short trips as this increases fuel consumption.
- Ensure that your tyres are the correct pressures, and to regularly check tyres.
- Do not carry any unnecessary extra weight, such as roof rack’s when not required.
- Try to monitor your vehicle’s fuel consumption.
- A regularly serviced vehicle will contribute to environmental protection. Therefore, you should adhere to the service intervals displayed in your vehicle dash.
- Always have your maintenance work carried out by qualified specialists.
PERSONAL DRIVING STYLE
- Do not press the accelerator when starting the engine.
- Do not warm up the vehicle when stationary.
- Always drive carefully with full attention and observation, with safe distance from the vehicle in front.
- Avoid frequent sudden acceleration and sudden braking.
- Change gear in good time, using each gear only up to 2/3 of its maximum engine speed.